Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
how to wash your face covering
How to wash your face covering using the washing machine
- Place your cloth face covering in the washing machine.
- Use your regular laundry detergent.
- Wash the face covering using the warmest water temperature that is safe for the type of fabric your face covering is made from.
- To dry use the highest heat setting on the dryer and allow to dry fully.
How to wash your face covering by hand
- Combine 1/3 cup bleach with 1 gallon of room temperature water.
- Make sure the bleach label states it is intended for disinfection.
- Soak face covering in bleach solution for 5 minutes.
- Lay flat and allow to air dry. If possible place cloth face covering in direct sunlight.
- Never mix bleach with ammonia or any other cleanser.