Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
You can request items online from the Taft College Library.
Students can log into their Library Accounts in order to make requests online. Requests can be made for Laptops, Hotspots, Calculators, and Print/Physical books only.
Instructions for Requesting Items Online
- Online Requests are available for pick up Monday through Thursday from 8AM-6:30PM. Friday from 8:00AM-3:30PM.
- Requests made before 12PM will be available for same day pick-up after 1PM.
- If a request is made after 12PM the item will be available for pick-up the following business day.
- Items will be held for 2 business days, after which items that have not been claimed will be returned to the shelf.
- You may check out only 1 Hotspot for the whole of the semester.
- You may check out only 1 Calculator for the whole of the semester.
- Only 3 requests can be made for Print/Physical books at a time.
- You may check out only 1 Laptop for the whole of the semester.
- Once your request has been fulfilled you will receive a confirmation email (Please check your Junk Mail/Spam Folder).
- When picking up your items:
- Have your Student ID
- Come to the Circulation Desk
- When picking up any technology, you will be required to sign an Equipment Loan Agreement.
If you have any questions please call us at (661) 763-7707 or Email: Ask the Library.
Please review the tutorial on Making a Request for Items Online.
- Laptop requests begins on slide 3.
- Hotspot requests begins on slide 9.
- TI-84 plus CE color graphing calculator requests begins on slide 16 (MATH 1500, 1510, 1520, 1530, 1540, 2100, 2120, 2130, 2140, STAT 1510).
- TI-30XS multiview calculator requests begins on slide 23 (MATH 0240, 1050, 1060 PSYC 2200, CHEM 1510).
- Print/Physical Books requests begins on slide 30.
Not sure what books are in the library, use the One Search box below.
Use OneSearch to find online articles, eBooks, and videos
Need to use a specific database? Use the drop down menu below to open any of our databases.
A - Z Databases
Need technology? The library has laptops, hotspots, Calculators, etc... for check out.
Do you have questions for the Library staff? Ask below using our Ask the Library Chat.
Are your classes online? The library has a Canvas page.