Write a five page research paper about the origins of a color with a minimum of 3 library sources. Follow MLA Handbook, 9th ed., style guide (last tab of this guide) for margins, font, and line spacing. Include a Works Cited page for all sources used in the paper.
The paper must include:
- Introduction: Start with a brief introduction to the topic and why it is important to understand color theory in design. Discuss the history of color theory and its evolution over time.
- Psychology of color: Explore the psychological effects of color on human emotions and behavior. Discuss how different colors can evoke different emotions and how these emotions can be leveraged in design.
- Cultural meanings: Discuss how color meanings can differ based on cultural contexts. Analyze the impact of cultural associations on color choices in design.
- Color theory in design: Discuss how color theory is applied in design, including the use of color schemes, color contrast, and color harmony. Provide examples of effective design that leverage color theory.
- Case studies: Select two case studies of design projects that effectively use color theory. Analyze how color choices were made and how they contributed to the success of the project.
- Conclusion: Summarize the key pints of the research paper and highlight the importance of color theory in design. Provide recommendations for how designers can leverage color theory to create effective designs.
- Reference: Include a list of three (3) references from the Taft College Library in your research paper using appropriate MLA format.
NOTE: All sources must be from the Taft College Library. This includes journal articles, eBooks, and print books. No Wikipedia or general internet sources will be accepted.